Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Summer fun

Ok...so I haven't been so good about posting this summer, but we also haven't been going anywhere or doing anything TOO exciting due to homework, housework, and potty training. But we have gotten some cute pictures along the way.

Madeline continues to LOVE her big girl bed! She goes to sleep (almost) every night without a fuss and has been taking big long naps in that bed.
Madeline is pretty much potty trained now...with one exception, but I'll spare you the details. She even is able to tell us when she has to go and has had pretty much 1 or 2 accidents in 2 weeks!While I was in class a couple weeks ago, Madeline and Jared made cupcakes to celebrate our 5 year anniversary. They were white with strawberry frosting and Madeline LOVED them.
We enjoyed our first family movie night at home. This was the first time Madeline watched a full length movie in its entirety and she did great. We watched Monsters, Inc. and have also now watched A Bug's Life.

Today, Daddy rented a tractor and spread some new white rock out on the driveways. Madeline and I had to go check it out, but she was too scared to sit on it or get much closer than this. She also saw a house get knocked down on our street yesterday and could not stop saying "The tractor munched the house down."
Today we went to visit our friends Jenny, Jacob, and little Tucker. Madeline and Jacob had a good time playing together and I hope we can do it again soon. This picture is of them today and the one below is from when Madeline was 2 months old and Jacob was about 9 months old.
Finally, today I took her to Heritage Lake because it was beautiful outside. We walked on the bridges and dock, looked at the water, but could not play on the playground because it was flooded. Only that wasn't apparent until you stepped on it, which I did. I started to sink and quickly jumped out, but got my shoe all wet and muddy first. Of course this is what Madeline remembers and has to tell everyone about her day! Silly goose!

No comments: