Saturday, September 20, 2008

7 months old!


Yesterday Madeline turned 7 months old! Its funny and a little scary to think that she's over half way to 1 year. She's grown a lot and learned a lot in these 7 months and there is so much more to come. We think she weighs about 14.5 pounds, but we are not sure how long she is since there is no doctor visit until November. We'll try to measure her today.


We've been so busy this fall which is part of the reason for my lack of blog posts. Jared is spending a lot of time on his masters classes and work has been a nightmare for both of us.

Madeline has been developing and growing though. She can sit for very very long periods of time and rolls all over the floor to get to things she wants. We think she might be about to crawl, but it hasn't happened yet. She's getting a third tooth in right now. Its on the top. She is also a babbling machine. She says babababa, and mmmmm, and gugugugu, and jajaja. She has also recently started eating solid food like crazy. She gets so mad if the spoon is delayed getting into her mouth. She is eating 2 times the amount of food in the evening than she used to. Yesterday at the babysitter's house they had a party for one of the other kids who turned 2. Bev said Madeline was mad that all the other kids were eating cookie cake with frosting and that she didn't get any. She will really stare you down while you are eating. She has also started drinking out of a cup, but she does not like juice, only water. That's probably a good thing for us and her little teeth. She's been to a baby gym night, an RTHS football game, sat in restaurant high chair, and sat in a shopping cart with her seat cover. This afternoon we may be off to order our new car...we are busy, busy bees!
At baby gym night last Friday with Joel. Thanks for the pictures Jennifer!

1 comment:

Beverly said...

What a cutie pie! Can she really be seven months old already, Katie?? It really seems like you just had her yesterday. Well, Madeline's gorgeous, and it sounds like everything's going really well for you guys (except the nightmarish work situations!). Exciting about the new car ... what are you getting?

Oh, and I laughed when I read that Madeline got mad that she couldn't have any cake. Jack now will throw all-out tantrums if I don't give him what I'm eating. Since he's started eating all table foods, I've actually realized how unhealthy some of the things I eat are. I usually think of myself as a pretty healthy eater, but gosh, there are lots of things I don't eat while Jack is awake, just so he doesn't fill up on carb-loaded junk!