Sunday, November 27, 2011

Thanksgiving weekend

We were able to start our Thanksgiving weekend early this year, thanks to a nice school schedule.  Madeline had gone up to Oma & Opa's last Sunday to spend some extra time with them and Jared, the dogs, and I joined them on Wednesday.  We headed right downtown to see the German Christmas market and visit the Christmas sights at Macy's on State Street. 

On Thanksgiving the whole family arrived and we were able to celebrate with all the usual suspects.  The Packers played on Thanksgiving day so our dinner was a bit later in the afternoon and Madeline found it too hard to wait for the tryptophan and fell asleep before eating. 

We were also able to swim a few times at the hotel where all the family stayed which Madeline really enjoyed, especially when her 2nd cousins arrived on Friday.  We did a little shopping and a lot of eating and visiting with family who we don't get to see too often! 
I spent most of the weekend with a horrible cold so it was not as enjoyable as most Thanksgivings for me, but I still managed to push myself through a 5K on Saturday morning.  I had a runny nose, blisters, and it started raining half way through, but I still finished.  I made myself keep running because I wanted to finish quicker for my fan club (Jared, Oma, and Madeline) that was waiting at the end.  I felt so bad that they stood out in the cold and rain to watch me. 



No comments: