Madeline is already learning the value of volunteerism at such a young age. Last night we went to the Champaign County Nursing Home to visit some of the residents for a baby lap time. We had seen this in the paper last week and it sounded like a fun outing where we could also do some good. Essentially they bring some of the residents into a community room and invite parents and children under 2 to come and sing songs, play little instruments, and read books. It's fun for the kids and brings big smiles to the resident's faces! Madeline and another little boy were the only 2 kids there, but there were about 10 residents to watch them and they seemed to really get a kick out of it. The lady that sat next to me just kept laughing and telling me that I was going to have to watch out for the boys when Madeline is older. I took a couple pictures, but they were all of Madeline since I didn't want to violate any privacy/HIPPA laws for the residents. Madeline definately loved the bells the most.


1 comment:
Wow, that's great, Katie! I love the idea of doing this. When I return to LA from Taiwan, I'm going to see if there are similar programs near me. Thanks for the inspiration! And the lady's totally right ... the boys will have to watch out when Madeline is older. She'll be gorgeous and smart -- a lethal combination! :)
Post a Comment