
This weekend we had a great visit from Oma and Opa. They even came down on Friday to spend a little extra time with Madeline (and the rest of us, I guess). Friday night we enjoyed a very yummy dinner. On Saturday we had planned to go to the Farmer's Market in the morning, but it was raining when we woke up. We went to walk around the mall instead. Everyone got something except Madeline, but what else does this little princess need? We then attended a wedding in the evening while Oma and Opa babysat. Yikes...Madeline was CRABBY! She didn't nap at all that day and was very fussy all afternoon. Thanks Oma and Opa for taking care of the little stinker. They stayed until after lunch on Sunday and only then did Madeline nap. I think she must have just been worrying that if she napped she would have missed time with Oma and Opa.

Madeline has now started eating cereal successfully. We tried again on Friday afternoon and she gobbled up so much that I had to keep making more and more. So we have now started eating cereal twice a day! Waiting until she was ready must have been the ticket. We're looking forward to trying some different foods in the coming weeks.
We're still resisting naps on most days, but we continue to work on it everyday. Hopefully one of these days Madeline will be tired enough to start taking at least one nap a day.
Here is a picture I took on July 5th of Madeline as I was trying to get some good shots of her...while she was in a good mood! I was trying to get some good close up shots of her to submit for the News-Gazette "Beautiful Babies" contest. I think she's pretty beautiful so hopefully we'll do well. She turns 5 months old on Saturday so I'll be sure to post some pictures from that photo shoot.
1 comment:
Katie, I'm SURE Madeline will do very well in the Beautiful Babies contest. She is gorgeous, for sure! I think she looks a lot like you; it's kind of uncanny.
Was it fun to have a night out with Jared, without Madeline? :)
Hooray for cereal-eating. Solid foods is such an exciting stage. I still get so excited when it's time to introduce Jack to new foods! We are currently working on transition wholly to table foods. I'm going to blog about that in a little while.
Post a Comment